Library Mission Statement:
The Library serves both Saint Joseph Elementary School and Monsignor Haddad Middle School. The dual mission of the library program is to foster a life-long love of reading and to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, and using information and ideas
- by collaborating with classroom teachers to design learning strategies to meet students' needs
Resources and Staff:
- Over 16,000 books, audiobooks, and educational DVD's
- 10 Internet-connected student computers
- Membership in Massachusetts Library System
- Full-time certified school librarian; 2 part-time assistant librarians
- Color copier and printer available for student use
Students may borrow:
- Kindergarten - 1 book per visit
- First Grade - 2 books per visit
- Second Grade - Eighth Grade - 3 books per visit
The library does not charge for overdue books. Students are responsible for the cost of lost or damaged books.
The Library provides all members of the school community access to information, reading, and research assistance. The Library also provides instruction that implements, enriches, and supports the curriculum and educational goals of Saint Joseph Parish Schools. The Library program encourages literacy and literature appreciation by extending and enhancing classroom experiences, and we support reading for personal satisfaction by providing a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction materials intended to engage readers of all ages.
Monday — Friday 7:45 to 3:15
Closed at dismissal on early release days.
Mrs. Alice Owens, Mrs. Mary Ann Brady, Mrs. Sue Brady