Mrs. Bridgid Coyle
6th and 8th grade Social Studies!
Students will come to every class on time and prepared.
* The “am I prepared?” checklist:
□ textbook (always covered)
□ blue or black AND red pens
□ assignment notebook
□ completed homework
□ 3 ring binder (organized according to the binder set up handout)
□ Plenty of loose leaf paper (kept in your binder)
□ A GOOD ATTITUDE
* All assignments will be checked and graded.
* You must have a proper heading on your homework. See below for a proper heading:
* Answers must be complete. Complete answers are:
□ in full sentences written in blue or black ink
□ on a full sheet(s) of loose-leaf paper
□ with a proper heading
* All homework assignments are due at the next class meeting.
* Assignments will be posted on school website.
* Typed homework assignments are not expected but will be accepted.
* Tests will be on every chapter after it’s been discussed in class.
~ The subject matter will come from the textbook, class discussions, any additional assigned readings and homework
* Quizzes may or may not be announced.
~ The subject matter will come from the current section in the textbook, homework and class discussion. If you keep up with the class discussion/homework, you will do great.
* There is a high expectation that all work will be turned in on the date it is due.
* Late work will be accepted no later than the day of that chapter’s test.
* Students are responsible for finding out what work they are missing.
* Absences: the homework is due upon your return to class; tests and quizzes will be made up only before or after school within 1 week upon your return to school.
* Binder checks will be made on a periodic basis.
* Copying of anything other than notes is considered cheating. It will result in a zero for that assignment both for you as well as the student you are copying from.
* I am available at any time to answer any questions. This includes before or after class, before or after school or at a pre-arranged meeting.
* Keep this sheet in the front of your Social Studies binder in a page protector so you can refer back to it during the year.