Welcome and thank you for your interest in Saint Joseph Elementary School.
At Saint Joseph Elementary School, we pride ourselves on providing the best possible education for every student in a culture that is rich in faith. The talented and dynamic staff is dedicated to teaching the whole person, while maintaining a standard of academic excellence.
We are pleased to announce that our inaugural full day 3 yr. old preschool program has been a huge success. This new classroom expansion has furthered our school's early education program and serves as a perfect transition into our Pre-K program for our young students.
We have approximately 360 students with 52 staff members who make up one preschool, two pre-kindergarten classrooms and three classes for kindergarten through grade five for the 2020-2021 school year. We also have low student:teacher ratios in our younger grades (average 11:1).
- STREAM works program & lab
- Latin and Greek root study, as well as Spanish, at all grade levels
- Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessments, with "just right" independent reading books for each child
- Collins Writing program
- enVision math program
- Future Problem Solvers
- Student Council (grades 2-5) and Leadership Program for grade 5
- Creative arts programs for band, chorus, music, drama, and art
- Large screen LED TV's with Apple TV connectivity in each classroom
- Student laptop and iPad carts to enhance curriculum
- Guest visits from authors and other professionals to supplement curriculum
- Affordable before and after school care programs
- Special Education Resource Room for students who need extra assistance, including children with IEPs
Most importantly, Saint Joe's is an active, joyful community. Lessons about faith, values, and character are woven into daily activities, as children and teachers live out the school mission to "Seek God first, Strive for academic excellence, Share our gifts and talents, and Serve each other and the world."
When my husband was relocated to the Boston area, our research led us to St. Joseph School. We were determined to provide our children with a Catholic, highly academic, yet caring educational experience. St. Joe’s has exceeded our expectations. Mrs. Kelly, Loree McInerney, and the teaching staff have all made us feel welcome and comfortable. Great sensitivity and concern for my children's transition was demonstrated. This special attention made the first few weeks fun and exciting, not scary. We have quickly become very loyal and proud members of this truly special family.
Limited spots will be available in all grades and we encourage families to submit applications beginning October 1st for the 2020-2021 academic school year. Please contact Desiree Walsh with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-444-4459, ext. 112.
Thank you for considering Saint Joseph Elementary School for your child. As you learn more about our school through this web site or by attending our tour, we hope that you will quickly understand why this is a special place.