Saint Joseph School admits students of any race, color, nationality and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded and made available to students at the school.
In recent years, we are happy to report that we have accepted many applicants from over 30 communities. The following criteria have been established to assist the administration with the application process.
Priority consideration is given to
- Students with siblings currently enrolled in Saint Joseph School
- Active, contributing members of Saint Joseph Parish (for at least one year)
The age of the child
- Children applying for Preschool must be 3 years old on or before September 1st in order to be considered
- Children applying for Pre-Kindergarten must be 4 years old on or before September 1st in order to be considered
- Children applying for Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1st in order to be considered
Each applicant entering Kindergarten through Grade 8 must successfully complete a grade-appropriate screening test.
Saint Joseph School offers academic assistance and support through our Learning Center.
Students with educational plans are encouraged to apply. However, space is limited and there is no program for students with severe disabilities. The Director of Special Education will review each individual education plan to determine eligibility. It is required for parents to share IEPs and 504s in order for the school to provide the student with optimal educational resources.
After current students have re-enrolled, applications from families outside the school community are considered. At the end of the admissions process a waiting list will be generated. Transfer students will be notified as a vacant seat becomes available.